HKICNA was established on 30th April 1989 and is an association of Infection Control Nurses committed to promulgating infection control best practice in health care organizations and the community.
Founding Chair : Ms Patricia CHING
Senior Nurse , WHO Collaborating Centre for Infection Control
Constitution: Click Here
Aims and Objectives
1. To promote and enhance the knowledge and skill of and expertise in training and development of infection control.
2. To promote the welfare and protect the interests of nurses engaged in infection control.
3. To provide for the delivery and holding of lectures, classes, conference, exhibitions and public meetings and to publish bulletins for the advancement of infection control.
4. To receive visitors or experts in nursing and infection control and to exchange with them on information and expertise.
5. To send representatives to attend and participate in conferences and other events in training and development in all parts of the world.
6. To grant scholarships and to make donations to any institution or organisation whose objects are similar to those of the association.
7. To liase between the association and the receptive authorities, when necessary.